Equity Pro is a web-based software application that facilitates the planning and managing of organisations’ entire EE Goals process.
Easy to use and aligned to the requirements of the EE Act, it further measures EE Goals and current EE Profiles against the dti’s BEE EE targets, handling complicated calculations in the background.
- Makes EE and BEE EE Goal Setting and Management easy; and
- the setting of realistic and achievable EE Goals in line with BEE Targets and the requirements of the EE Act
- management and ownership of EE Goals
- workforce planning and talent preparation
- the export of data to EEA2 Reports
- saves time and reduces EE Act compliance cost
The Legal Environment
The EE Act requires a designated employer (who employs more than 50 employees) to redress disadvantages experienced by designated groups in their employment so as to ensure their equitable representation in all occupational levels in the workplace.
In order to achieve such objective, a designated employer must develop an EE Plan, including the setting of Numerical Goals (aimed at achieving equitable representation) in respect of each occupational level, and for Persons With Disabilities (“PWDs”).
An organisation needs to, in the setting of EE Goals for Blacks, not only decide on the % Black Goal and the anticipated growth/shrinkage, but also on what relevant statistical data pool needs to be applied to each level. These data pools reflect the inter representivity of the different races and genders of persons “suitably qualified” for the relevant positions.
Once the EE Act amendments (aimed at streamlining the Department of Labour’s ability to take offenders to Court) are passed later this year, organisations will be exposed to the risk of being taken to Court and having fines of between 2% and 10% of payroll imposed on them. Also, the Department of Labour has increased its ability to police employers significantly. Once the EE Act amendments are passed, its ability to get the Labour Court to impose fines on employers who do not comply with the Act in setting EE Numerical Goals, will increase greatly.
Equity-Pro enables organisations to:
- Set EE Goals that meet the complex requirements of the EE Act, referred to above
- Set realistic and achievable EE Goals, aligned to their BEE EE Targets, and that facilitate the factoring in of Best Practice Workforce Planning principles
- Manage the achievement of such EE Goals
- Engage in workforce planning and prepare their identified black talent for positions to which they are to be promoted.