Several important new questions and implications, which will drive purchasing strategy, have arisen for the procurement fraternity regarding the Gazetted BBBEE Codes of Good Practice.
During this short one-day session you will learn tools and get tips that can bank your organisation money and your staff and you time:
- Hear from leading legal, procurement and corporate governance experts regarding the South African BBBEE Scorecard and its implications for the procurement function.
- Understand in more detail how the various parts of the scorecard are calculated, especially from a procurement perspective.
- Hear how to develop a strategy for meeting the procurement targets on the scorecard.
- Understand which areas you can exclude from your procurement expenditure.
- Find areas of the expenditure where quick transformation can be achieved.
- How to earn extra points from selected suppliers.
- Know how Small and Medium Enterprises will be rated differently to larger organisations.
- Obtain clarity on the role of rating agencies and which agencies you can use. Should you still rate suppliers yourself?
- BBBEE Scorecard vs. the Industry Charters - know which will prevail.
- Be able to calculate equity points based on the revised flow through principle.
- Be clear on when "narrow based" empowerment criteria are to be replaced with "broad based" criteria.
- Understand the role of rating agencies and what their own BBBEE criteria should be like.
- Find out how procurement should measure itself based on the new scorecard.
- Discuss how to deal with existing supplier relationships.
Course outcomes will include an understanding of:
- How Small and Medium Enterprises will be scored differently to larger organisations from a procurement perspective
- How the various parts of the scorecard are calculated in more detail
- BBBEE Scorecard vs the Industry Charters - know which will prevail
- When "narrow based" empowerment criteria are to be replaced with "broad based" criteria
- How procurement should measure itself based on the new scorecard
- How your procurement area will be verified by a verification agency
- How to segment your procurement spend to develop strategies for obtaining Preferential Procurement points
- Quick strategies for getting points on the table. Areas of spend most likely to produce points in the short term
- How to deal with large/sole suppliers regarding BEE