Webinar: The Code of Good Practice on the Prevention and Elimination of Harassment in the Workplace
Dates: 18 May 2022
Time: 09h00 – 12h00
Fees per delegate: R995 (excl VAT)
* 15% Discount is offered on the facilitation of a Risk Assessment and/or Development or Review of Code aligned Harassment Policies and Procedures to all employers who register and pay for their employees to attend the webinar.
The Code of Good Practice on the Prevention and Elimination of Harassment in the Workplace that was promulgated, and became effective on 18 March 2022.
The Code inter alia:
Obliges all employers to:
- Conduct of a risk assessment
- Align their Harassment Policy and Procedure and related Grievance and Disciplinary Procedures to the Code
- Be proactive in applying its guidelines to prevent harassment in the Workplace.
- Develop a Harassment Policy and Procedure or drastically review their existing one(s).
Complying with the Code will assist your company to both
- Obtain Compliance Certificates which will enable it to retain Government business; and
- Avoid expensive damages claims by employee victims on the basis of being held vicariously liable for the actions of your employees.
Aspects that will be covered during the Webinar
- Background to, and Application of the Code.
- Objectives of the Code.
- Definition of Harassment, different type of harassment, factors establishing their existence and tests to be applied.
- Guiding principles in the prevention, elimination and management of harassment and steps that employers are required to take.
- What your Policy should contain and the steps to be set out in your Procedure.
- Practical suggestions to tackle obligations imposed the Code.
Join leading EE expert, Adv Jan Munnik, MD of EES-SIYAKHA, in this webinar during which he will take you through the different forms of harassment in The Codes, its application, and what will be required by your company to ensure full compliance and negation of the above risks of not complying.
Who should attend?
- HR Directors
- EE Managers
- Transformation Managers
- HR Managers
- EE Coordinators
- EE Forum/Committee Members
About your presenter
Adv. JAN MUNNIK is the founder and Managing Director of EES-SIYAKHA. Jan has specialised in EE for the past 21 years and is regarded as one of the leading experts in EE transformation in South Africa. He has delivered papers at many conferences on EE and BEE and related topics and consults to several leading blue chip organisations and Government institutions.
- Participants are emailed all relevant training materials before and after the webinar.
- Zoom meeting invitations will be sent out before the start of the class.
- Breakout rooms are used for the conducting of exercises.
- Links to recordings of sessions will be sent to participants after each webinar.