Welcome to Equity Pro
An advanced online Employment Equity Planning and Monitoring Tool that factors in all relevant aspects.
Your company is obliged to set BEE-aligned EE goals in accordance with the EE Act.
The attainment of the EE goals you set requires careful planning and vigilant monitoring of performance against a number of criteria. In a larger company or group of companies, with multiple subsidiaries, branchesand divisions, this can be an especially complex and time-consuming task.
Equity Pro is an online tool developed to provide companies with a scalable set of modules to plan and manage the entire EE Goals process.
Easy to use and designed from the ground up to match the requirements of the EE Act, Equity Pro handles the potentially complicated calculations for you, in the background.
All you do is enter all your relevant data and desired goals and follow the online instructions. Equity Pro calculates if these goals are achievable.
Equity Pro’s Benefits
- Equity Pro makes EE and BEE goal setting and management easy.
- Equity Pro facilitates the setting of achievable EE Goals in line with BEE Targets and the requirements of the EE Act.
- Equity Pro facilitates management and ownership of EE across groups of companies, divisions and business units.
- Data is exportable from Equity Pro to EEA2 Reports.
- Equity Pro saves time and reduces EE Act compliance costs.
Functionality and Features
- Web-based and easy to follow and apply.
- Step-by-step guide to calculating EE Goals in respect of each different race and gender group for each Level, based on the requirements of the EE Act and EE Best Practice.
- Facilitates consideration of all relevant factors, including BEE EE Targets, the EAP or other applicable “Pool of Suitably Qualified Persons” when setting EE Goals.
- Provides a selection of “Pools of Suitably Qualified Persons” that can be applied to different Levels and/or Sub-Pools within Levels.
- Regularly updates data on different “Pools” and their distribution per race and gender.
- Guides users on deciding on
- The creation of Sub-Pools within a Level
- Relevant “Pool of Suitably Qualified Persons”
- An appropriate Goal for each level.
- Once a Black Goal % has been selected, automatically calculates Goals for each Race and Gender Group according to selected Pool’s demographic distribution.
- Separate functionality for the capturing of data and setting of EE Goals and Targets in respect of Persons with Disabilities.
- Facilitates factoring in and calculation of
- anticipated growth or shrinkage
- expected attrition rate
- the number of expected retirees
- the number of expected promotions
- the % male and female proportionality
- the % of vacancies to be targeted for Blacks
- the amount of space that has to be created for Blacks
- Allows users to “play around” with different EE Goals and capture scenarios for presentation to Top Management.
- Facilitates calculation of EE Targets for each year of the EE Plan that can be copied into each applicable year’s EE Report.
- Automatically calculates:
- The BEE EE score for each level in respect of your Starting, Current, EE Goal and EE Target Profile against both 2007-12 and 2012-2017 BEE EE Targets.
- The Gap between Current Profile and EE Goal in respect of each race and gender group.
- Gap is used to inform appointments and manage the achievement of EE Goals.
- Ensures that the right race and gender groups are targeted.
- Facilitates regular updating of:
- Your Current Profile.
- Gap between Current Profile and Goal in respect of each race and gender group.
- Facilitates identification of how much space needs to be created to meet EE Goals.
- Facilitates identification of candidates for succession planning and their preparation for future vacant position.
- Serves as an EE Tracking tool.
Intended for large and multisite companies that want to set and manage for subsidiaries/divisions/departement/operations.
- Aimed at the EE/Transformation Manager of Groups that give their subsidiaries/divisions autonomy in the management of their EE but wish to obtain an overview of the Group’s overall EE Goals and progress made in achieving them.
- For useÂ by the EE/Transformation Manager at Head Office or Group level.
- Has all the features Equity Pro has to offer, including the creation of Sub-Pools, the setting and management of EE Goals, and the facilitation of workforce planning and talent preparation in respect of positions that are anticipated to become vacant.
- Where it has Divisional Modules (in respect of Divisions/Subsidiaries, etc.) that make up the Group, it can import the Goals set by them as well as the expected growth/shrinkage, expected attrition, retirements and promotions used by them in setting their Goals.
- Facilitates the Group’s Workforce Planning and Talent Preparation based on that of each Divisional Module, which in turn is based on its Branch Modules, informed by the variables used by them.
- Can compare each Division’s Start Month Profile, EE Goals, Current Month Profile, Current Gaps (and in respect of PWD) and BEE Scores, with that of the Group, as well as their respective Aggregates.
- Aimed at enabling the organisation to manage and track its EE Numerical Goals at Divisional/Subsidiary/Business Unit/Regional Office level.
- Inherits whatever “Sub-Pools” have been set up in the Group Module.
- Where it has Branches Modules (in respect of Business Units/Branches/Departments that make up the Division), it can import the Goals set by them as well as the expected growth/shrinkage, expected attrition, retirements and promotions used by them in setting their Goals.
- Facilitates the Division’s Workforce Planning and Talent Preparation based on the positions that are anticipated to become available in the Division based on that of each Branch Module, informed by its variables used in setting Goals.
- Can compare each Branch Modules’ Start Month Profile, EE Goals, Current Month Profile, Current Gaps (and in respect of PWD) and BEE Scores, with that of the Division, as well as their respective Aggregates.
- Aimed at enabling the organisation to manage and track its EE Numerical Goals in the Business Units/Branches/Departments, etc. that make up the Division.
- Inherits whatever “Sub-Pools” or talent streams have been set up in the Group Module.
- Facilitates workforce planning and talent preparation based on its expected growth or shrinkage/attrition rates, retirements and promotions.
Intended for single site users and smaller companies.
- Equity Pro Report
- Facilitates the setting of realistic and achievable EE Goals for both B-BBEE and EE purposes, and completing of your EEA2 and EEA4 Reports for Submission to the DoL.
- Equity Pro Report and Manage
- Also manages the entire EE Goals process moving forward, to ensure that the Goals are achieved.
- Using Sub-Pools
- Further facilitates the selection of Sub-Pools per Level to accommodate the setting of Goals for positions that have different entry level requirements/qualifications in a Level, and for which different (appropriate) Statistical Data Pools of persons with such different qualifications can be used in setting EE Goals.
- Talent Preparation
- Further facilitates the management of your Workforce Planning and preparing your Talent for positions that will become vacant, and will be able to identify.
- Equity Pro Plus
- Incorporates all of the above functions.
The Business Case for using Equity Pro
The Legal Environment
The EE Act requires a designated employer (who employs more than 50 employees) to redress disadvantages experienced by designated groups in their employment so as to ensure their equitable representation in all occupational levels in the workplace.
To achieve such objective, a designated employer must develop an EE Plan, including the setting of Numerical Goals (aimed at achieving equitable representation) in respect of each occupational level, and for Persons With Disabilities (“PWD”).
An organisation needs to, in the setting of EE Goals for Blacks, not only decide on the % Black Goal and the anticipated growth/shrinkage, but also on what relevant statistical data pool needs to be applied to each level. These data pools reflect the inter representivity of the different races and genders of persons “suitably qualified” for the relevant positions.
Once the EE Act amendments (aimed at streamlining the Department of Labour’s ability to take offenders to Court) are passed later this year, organisations will be exposed to the risk of being taken to Court and having fines of between 2% and 10% of payroll imposed on them. Also, the Department of Labour has increased its ability to police employers significantly. Once the EE Act amendments are passed, its ability to get the Labour Court to impose fines on employers who do not comply with the Act in setting EE Numerical Goals, will increase greatly.
Equity-Pro enables organisations to:
- Set EE Goals that meet the complex requirements of the EE Act, referred to above.
- Set realistic and achievable EE Goals, aligned to their BEE EE Targets, and that facilitate the factoring in of Best Practice Workforce Planning principles.
- Manage the achievement of such EE Goals.
- Engage in workforce planning and prepare their identified black talent for positions to which they are to be promoted.
Equity Pro Free Trial Registration
Please complete the registration form below and we’ll get back to you.
Alternatively, you can contact us on the number listed below.