Consulting and Facilitation Services
We empower our clients to achieve effective transformation by attaining equitable representation of suitably qualified persons (as required by the EE Act), whilst raising the level of Human Capital Management practice. This in turn contributes to an increase in organisational performance, sustainability and shareholder value.
Our thorough and in-depth approach is based on our expert knowledge of EE Transformation and Human Capital Best Practice, and many years of practical experience and application.
We focus on:
- Setting up of EE Committees/Forums and EE Management structures.
- Assistance with D-G Reviews.
- Development of a comprehensive EE Transformation Policy and Procedure.
- Assistance in Institutionalising the management of EE using specially designed reporting templates.
- Training of EE Committees/Forums, EE Management structures and line managers to get their buy-in.
- Facilitated EE Audits workshops of organisations’ HR Policies, Procedures, Practices, to identify barriers to the advancement of persons from designated groups.
- Facilitation of meaningful EE Plans.
- Conducting of EE Audits to identify of gaps between existing and Best HR Practice.
- EE Report Submission workshops to assist organisations to complete the EE Report correctly.
- Risk Analysis in relation to both EE compliance and implementing EE strategically.
- EXCO edification and understanding of the Business Case for strategic EE transformation.
We also offer:
- A retainer service to assist companies on an ongoing basis with the management and facilitation of their EE Process.
- Equity Pro, a unique software EE Goal setting and management application.
- Facilitation of achievable EE Goals in line with BEE Targets and the requirements of the EE Act using Equity Pro.
- Facilitation of an EE Goals Setting and Management Policy, setting out how EE Goals are to be set and managed.
- Facilitation of Best EE Practice Strategies, inclusive of the scoping of the Project, Framework, Structures and Road Map.
Employers will require a diverse range of expertise to implement both EE and BEE effectively, which will ordinarily not be available in-house. We have identified the different fields of expertise that its clients may require for the effective implementation of EE and BEE and, through its highly competent network of experts, offers consulting services in each such field.
- Disability Access audits that provide detailed analysis of the disability access of any building, site, establishment, facility, etc. carried out with reference to all relevant legislation and guidelines.
- Disability Equity workshops to help organisations use disability integrated processes that are efficient and fair, emphasizing the need for a sound Disability EE Policy.
- Services, founded on a Best Practice approach, with regard to all specialist aspects of EE transformation, such as
- HIV/Aids Management
- Gender Mainstreaming/Awareness
EE GOAL SETTING TOOL
An advanced online Employment Equity Planning and Monitoring Tool that factors in all relevant aspects.
EES-SIYAKHA‘s customised, outcomes-based EE workshops have been run successfully for hundreds of clients, enabling them to unlock EE transformation blockages and to prepare them properly for the implementation of effective EE transformation.
These workshops, as well as the templates we have developed, are refined continuously so as to ensure maximum benefit to our clients.
Setting up of EE Committees/Forums:
Participatory workshops resulting in employers establishing a consultative forum or utilising an existing forum to discharge their consultative obligations as required by the EE Act.
EE Committee/Forum Training:
Customised, outcome-based workshops aimed at equipping EE Forums/Committees and their organisations to tackle change effectively.
Training for EE Management Structures:
High-level and structured training and support, which ensure that all EE role players understand and perform their tasks.
EE Awareness Training for line managers and staff:
Workshops aimed at getting buy-in, creating understanding of EE and SD Legislation, EE Transformation issues and challenges.
Diversity Management workshops:
Training and facilitation to enable an organisation to deal effectively and strategically with diversity issues, and to position itself to take advantage of change and the diversity of its
Disability Equity workshops:
Workshops to assist organisations to use disability integrated processes that are efficient and fair, emphasising the need for a sound Disability EE Policy.
Benefits of using our EE Training Services:
- We have developed best practice expertise in the EE transformation field as a result of 21 years focused experience. Our workshops are facilitated by leading experts in the field of EE.
- EES-SIYAKHA has developed and refined templates that it will make available during workshops.
- The outcomes of our EE workshops give everything needed to manage EE transformation effectively, and will empower the EE champion to drive EE transformation effectively.
- Our EE workshops secure buy-in from all stakeholders, including unions.
How to set achievable EE Numerical Goals for your next EE Plan
EE Goals have to be set every time you to develop a new EE Plan. There is nothing in the EE Act, Codes of Good Practices or Regulations to guide EE and HR practitioners. There are a many factors that need to be taken into consideration when setting EE Goals.
Our high-level EE specialists will take you through the challenges of EE Goal setting and expose you to technology that simplifies it all.
Preparing for your next EE Plan: How to conduct a compliant Barriers Analysis
The EE Act and Codes of Good Practices are silent regarding how an employer should go about its Section 19 (1) Barriers Analysis. This very often results in Designated Employers being found to be non-compliant with regard to the conducting of their Barriers Analyses when under D-G Review.
This webinar fills this gap and not only ensures that you are fully compliant in the conducting of your section 19 Analyses, but also shares best EE practice with you.
Preparing for your next EE Plan: The development of meaningful AA Measures
For AA Measures to have any impact on workplace transformation they need to meet two important criteria. The first is that they are required to remove the barriers to the advancement of persons from designated group identified in the Section 19 Analysis. The second is that they should adhere to the SMART principle. They also need to meet the requirements of the EE Act and Regulations.
This webinar will address all the above issues and empower you to draw meaningful AA Measures for your next EE Plan.
Preparing for your next EE Plan: Developing a user-friendly and practical EE Plan
The EEA13 template is an useful instrument for fulfilling its purpose, namely to ensure designated employers’ EE Plans comply with the requirements of Section 20. However, it is only a template and user-unfriendly in contextualising the EE Plan, and in serving as a practical implementation tool. It also omits certain critical legal requirements such as strategies in support of Numerical Goals and Non-Numerical Goals.
This webinar has been designed to assist you to develop an EE Plan based on the template, but which addresses all the inadequacies of the EEA13.
Preparing your EEA2 and EEA4 Reports
Every designated employer has to complete an EEA2 and EEA4 Report every year. In 2019 the EEA4 Report was significantly amended to include new concepts.
This webinar will provide you with practical assistance in completing your EEA2 and EEA4 Reports and, in particular, understanding of the above new concepts and how to perform the calculations that will enable you to provide the correct answers in their EEA4 Reports.
How to effectively monitor and evaluate your EE Plan and its implementation
The EE Act requires an employer to consult with workforce representatives regarding the implementation of its EE Plan and to state in its EE Plan the persons in the workforce responsible for monitoring and implementing the EE Plan.
This webinar provide you with the necessary insight on the structures, processes and tools required for the effective implementation of the EE Plan.
Income Differentials and developing a Vertical Gap Policy
The new EEA4 now indirectly requires designated employers to have a policy in place to address and close the vertical gap between the highest and lowest paid employees in its workforce. This workshop deals with, amongst others, the new EEA4 requirements, the rationale behind the new EEA4, the options available to employers to close the Vertical Gap and what should be included in such a policy.
The 2020 EE Act Amendments Bill
The 2020 EE Act Amendments, inter alia, introduces the requirement of obtaining EE certificates from the Minister in order to do business with any arm of the State and introduces Sector Targets. This webinar will update you on all these new requirements and changes.
Assess your EE Risk by completing our EE Act Compliance and Best Practice Risk Questionnaire
Fill in the form below to request access to EES-SIYAKHA’s online EE Act Compliance and Best Practice Risk Assessment Questionnaire. As soon as your request has been processed a link will be sent to you. All you then have to do, is to follow the instructions and complete the required fields. The assessment result will appear on your screen. If you are at risk, it will enable you to start taking the necessary steps to negate such risk.